Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

RJD #47 (I believe...) A Little Late to the Party...

Well, I'm a day late to the link up party here, but I'm having a bit of a wonky start to the year as a whole. My body has decided to up and shock me this week, so I've been feeling more than a little run down and cranky, and I'm not sure that four full days of non-stop Walking Dead is the medicine for anything--especially when one is already feeling less than cheery. So quite thankful the marathon is over, heading out to the water in a little bit for a nice chilly row and to visit the seals, then hopefully some time to art or snail mail or something a little brighter and sunshinier for the remainder of the weekend ahead!

In true Dawn fashion, I think I am biting off more than I can chew heading into the new year. I've signed up for Stephanie Ackerman's Documented Faith as well as the new Documented Life Project. I want to write more and am hoping planning to actually journal daily, so I'm looking forward to Erik Ammon's 2015 Journaling Challenge as well as our beloved RJD's Dawn's 21 Days of Journaling in January to help get me rolling in that arena. There are a couple other sneaky projects vying for some of my attention (12 Pages in 2015 and Daisy Yellow's new Prompt  60 and CED-why not, right?)  If I can keep it all balanced at some level of inspiration and not allow it to completely overwhelm and intimidate me, I think I can have a good thing to work on through the year. Fingers crossed, anyway!

So a quick first pic of the year, my goals page for DLP's first challenge of the year:

Prompt challenge using book paper to overcome the blank page
And away we go! Pop on over to Enthusiastically, Dawn for more journal love and inspiration! Happy New Year to all!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, Your year will get better. I like your prompt challenge topics. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn- I love your ambitions and goals and words of encouragement to yourself! Hang in there! I can't wait to see what creativity flows out of you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a pleasure to see your creativity both in thought and in art. Hope you're feeling less like the walking dead now and more like walking to live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my dear Dawn! I also did a Marathon...Twilight Zone lol! I hope you are feeling better ...and also hoping to send some mail to you this week. I love your circles/goal;s...but I do not know how you are gonna do all those things you signed up for...or are attempting! Wow! Anyway...I am trying to cool my jets and focus on not over planning BUT in true Dawn fashion I usually am right there along with ya sister...I don't even dare check the links of the tempting ones as I have enough on my plate...yes, I do! Love and hugs and a creative day is in the making for us...I am currently still semi-without car but we will figure something out in this new year! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete