Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Workin' On It Wednesday #3

Another busy week behind us and summer is fast approaching. We had less than happy news from Bill's MRI that he'll need back surgery for sure. Now we wait to get him scheduled with the neurologist, then onward. It's hard not knowing what tomorrow will bring, but-honestly-do we ever? So, one day at a time, trusting God to handle the details. All I can do.

I managed to keep up in my Scripture/prayer journal all week:





And now my friend, Dawn, at Enthusiastically Dawn, is hosting another Journaling Journey through June that I've decided to participate in to help me process everything that is going on and coming up, to sort some priorities, and try to keep on track. You can click on the link for more information and to join the journey with us if you'd like. Dawn's also offering a journal giveaway--check it out here!

I was also invited to join a new snail mail group, a sort of spin off of National Letter Writing Month, and since I'm totally missing my mailbox being all full of pretties, I thought I'd jump in on that as well. And as an introductory challenge, (I believe...haven't heard officially yet...) we are to create a little zine that tells a little about ourselves to send to the other members--here's the cover of mine:

I love the Mad Hatter hat!
I started to print them out and my printer got all gloppy--I hope it works better today! But the zine was a lot of fun to make and I have some goodies lined up to make another one later...can't wait to see what the others have done!

Today is our weigh in for the Biggest Loser Challenge on Spark People and I'm down another pound and a half! Yay!! I also finally made it into my size 10 jeans--super yay! But...I only have that one pair--and one pair of capris that are a 10...I have three pairs of size 8 jeans and a few shorts in that super skinny size--so waiting to shop...I.Will.Get.There!!!

Off to go rowing later this morning and a few chores to tackle--looks like a beautiful day here in New England, sunshine and breezes! Thanks for stopping by--have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend! I am sorry to hear the news about Bill. That is stressful, but as we are currently in a stressful time with hospitilized child, I know that God will be faithful to carry you all as He is doing us. I love the zine! I will have to check out the link right now...working on the journal prompt posts and thankful for the gift of writing which I am sure God uses to keep me sane! I imagine all art to be a form of therapy, at least it seems so to me. Thank God for creativity, right? Congrats on the weight loss...I had the weirdest dream last night that I was entering a bodybuilding contest despite the fact I had not trained or dieted...very weird. I would never have done that- or done it NOW. It was now and I am NOT anywhere near ever entering contests again. YIKES> It was the weirdest dream ever. But I am so happy for you to be attaining better health and also the ability to fit into those clothes...believe me, I get that joy. Hoping to eventually get back on track myself. Hugs and praying the Lord blesses your day!

    ReplyDelete