Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Characteristics of a Servant According to God's Heart

I received this little "Meet Me in the Meadow" perpetual calendar by Roy Lessin free from Dayspring when I signed up for their Heart Connection Card Club earlier this year and it's full of Scripture and inspirational quotes-I love it. I keep it on my nightstand and read each day's post just before bed.

The other day's reading listed the characteristics of a servant according to God's heart--and it really struck home at how far I still need to go in this walk of Christian growth. I know I'm not anywhere near being perfect, but I'm also not anywhere near being the best Christian I can be either. Thank goodness I can work on it!

The list of characteristics:

The presence of the LORD rests upon his life.
He loves what God loves.
He seeks God's purposes.
He's fearful of displeasing God.
He inspires trust.
His word is true.
He is deeply identified with God's feelings.
He does not minister legalism or licentiousness.
He is wise in his walk.
He takes people beyond themselves.
He despises anything that hurts others.
He proclaims his dependence on God.
He is well balanced.
He is efficient, but not at the cost of others.
His life is in order.
Jesus is his audience.
He knows how to bear injustice.
He loves the truth.
His goal is to know God, and make him known to others.
He is not satisfied if he doesn't give his best.
He is an optimist, not a pessimist.
His greatest passion is Jesus.
He delights in giving.
Others say of him, "That is how my God is."
He doesn't exploit others.
He respects other servants.
He is always learning.
He loves being nothing.

Some of these I've got down-I'm good. But a whole lot of others I really need to work on! This could be printed out and put on the fridge as a reminder and checklist of how my walk is doing today, right? Definitely some positive goals to work toward, at least!
 
I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
~Phillipians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment