Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

RJD & PPF!

Woo Hoo!! We made it to Friday! Gonna start this post off linking up with my girl, Dawn's, Random Journal Day--a monthly link up of all things 'Journally'! So I'm sharing my new prayer journal that I picked up to begin (also thanks to Dawn)  Beth Moores's Whispers of Hope: 10 Weeks of Devotional Prayer. There's room to write in the actual book but I wanted to go a little more arty with this, so snapped up just an inexpensive Daler-Rowney sketchbook at the local neighborhood Walmart (my home away from home...) See--nothing fancy schmancy, just this:

 
And then each day, I'm doing a little grid work to coincide with Beth's P.R.A.I.S.E. formula, and when the mood strikes, a little Scripture doodle art as well:

 
I thought I might also share my Draw Your Awesome Year journal (an online course offered by the fabulous Joanne Sharpe) since it's both journal related and painting related (for Paint Party Friday! Woot Woot!!) I still need to finish my January grid:
 
 
And just finished inking in February's heart grid yesterday--each heart represents a day and will get filled in with highlights from my super exciting life:
 
 
And I finally finished my lighthouse yesterday as well--the border was getting to be a little busy, I just hope it isn't too much:
 
 
 
So that's the week's offerings. Back to painting rocks next week--and I need to get to the beach to find more rocks!! Have a fantastic weekend, thanks for stopping by! Until next time...
xoxo
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Oh my WORD! I am speechless, at your creativity, my friend. I love the way the grids make everything so neat and organized. So much beauty in this post all the way through...I love the Lighthouse. I enjoy using paints, nut have only just begun...and basically no two styles smear and splosh. I can't imagine creating from nothing such beauty as the LIghthouse picture. So glad you are joining in and look forward to more from you, although I already enjoy every single thing you share...so that leads me to this- how did we find each other originally? Was it through the icad Challenge on Daisy Yellow or other? Either way I am glad we connected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I found you through RJD originally?? I will email you... :)

      Delete
  2. wonderful pages Dawn. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love your journal pages...I am visiting from RJD and also love making my pages artsy...thanks for the link to Joanne Sharpe...I just started teaching a monthly art journaling group locally (St. Louis, MO) and will share this link with my students! Happy Artsy Journaling. Check out my February challenge...28 Days of Being YOU! at http://www.souldare.com/1/post/2014/01/souldare-28-days-of-being-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. really beautiful pages Dawn-love your colorful calendar pages-they are fun aren't they? I still have to get to all my drawing lessons pages... I LOVE your border around the lighthouse-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lighthouse, as well as the journal pages, is just beautiful. I love the rolling hills and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your lighthouse and think the border is a complement to the lovely simplicity of the picture. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous. SO creative. I love all the different ways you have of expressing what you feel. I used to do things like this. But words and words and more words are my chosen media. Still, I linger over such creative expression as yours. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful journal pages. Your lighthouse is so romantic and the border draws you in to view the stunning ocean view. Love it.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Hi Dawn, this was a super fun post to savor just now. I love the heart grid idea and all of your pages actually! So fun and happy! Glad you joined us at RJD!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn M. I love your drawings,especially the light house. I'm from Random Journal Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful all of the pages....but I do loves those hearts the most!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a treasure trove of journaling, and what creativity and variety. You are some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so nice. The last painting is really wonderful. Well done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the journal, I'm attempting one of those too with a different project. The lighthouse is delightful. . .love them. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete